Thursday, May 19, 2011

Merritt's almost 2!

Ok, it's been a while since I did a post on this little one!


Can you believe she is almost 2?!?
Seriously, I have no idea where the time went!

Miss Merritt is definitely full of energy these days and her personality has grown so much that I now officially label her the "Diva" of her family!
And since her big sister never let me dress her up in anything girly, I am trying my best to take full advantage of dressing this one up as girly as I can!


Hearing Merritt say "Pretty" or "Bow" or point to a tutu when I show her all the clothes I made her, could not make my heart melt more!


She really is a joy to be around and I love the fact that her mom still trusts me to watch even though she never knows what she will find when she comes home! 


See - just dinner minus some clothes with her baby doll!
(At least she at the two pieces of cake on her plate before I took this pic. I would have really felt like a terrible Tata if I would have got that caught on camera!)


Sometimes I even get to try out some of my new headbands on her...
The crazy, wild hair 70's look is in right?

One of Merritt's favorite things to do right now is to sing with her mom. 
Now when I say sing, I mean Merritt picks the song, tells you if you are to sing or not and then of course will tell you NO if you are doing it wrong. 
(And yes, I have gotten the NO a couple of times... so I have been practicing to make sure I am up to Miss Merritt's standards when singing! )

 And her songs of choice these days include...
Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
Wheels on the Bus
Bumble Bee Song
Itsy Bitsy Spider

I never imagined in a millionaire years that Mandy and I's road trips would now consist of these lyrics instead of the top 40 on the radio.
But they do and I love it! 

She even makes me play with rocks on fire hydrants and I am more than willing do so!


 
I really think her mom said it best the other day when she told me...
"It's Merritt's World and I am just living in it"
(and yes, there will be a shirt made with this saying soon!)
It is Merritt's world and I think she knows it!


Ahh - I love this little munchkin!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Tater Tots & Fire Hoses. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design by Penny Lane Designs